Beautiful Software Eliminates Professionals …its no accident that certain vendors of accounting software have made a strategic decision NOT to seek to develop a Partner Channel that provides pathways to develop advanced skills with product, or even related products. Their strategy is summarized as:
- Homogenization and oh yes, we can’t forget
The model seems to be headed towards a process driven, mindless point and click:
- There is no distinction made between a CPA with a MS-Taxation with 150 hours of education, a three-day exam and all kinds of regulations and requirements imposed by those evil folk at the AICPA with their Peer Reviews and benchmarking, SSARS-21 and independence rules. Who needs one of those. They are new Cigar Store Indian.
Beautiful Software Eliminates Professionals
- The model relies on bright and personable individuals who have the opportunity to develop a career that is part of the “new service economy” – a step up from McDonalds, but not much more skills required.
- If you are a bookkeeper, a “generic accountant” or a “niche CPA” who have basic accounting skills but never has to sit for the CPA exam or can, but they don’t need offices, or advanced training because “real time reconciliation” makes audit, reviews, and analytical review and most important INDEPENDENCE no longer relevant. Why were those fuddy duddy CPA’s so fixated on independence anyway. Besides if pay attention to that gibberish, you won’t be able to be an Add-on pushing drone.
- Then if they can discourage the Add-on developers from creating certification programs like those “dummies” at Salesforce.com, Google, Cisco, and even Microsoft then the public will never know who actually has expertise with the software and they will listen to any baboon or congenial hand holder that can master the magical software, take the four-hour test and become a
Master of Nothing.
- I can personally vouch for it…. I failed the exam three times because I initially insisted on THINKING and APPLYING LOGIC rather than focus on the UBER PRIORITY of learn how to let software apply its magic. SHAME ON ME… I should have known better.
- If you do take the CPA exam…you can hang the certificate on your wall and point to it if one of us dinosaurs tries to make the point. But, then you can put your sweats back on, pull up a chair at the kitchen table since you are saving money by not needing an office and start yammering about be a “COACH” rather than a professional, and go about your day performing the same mundane and routine tasks that bookkeepers and generic accountants do…and your the big fish in the pond….you have no stress, and you “value bill” which certainly has its place.
Beautiful Software – Magic – Dumbs Ya Down
- but the magic is you can use a force multiplier…the payroll, bank recs, and other CLERICAL TASKS that have a value of X still have a value of X when performed by one of the drones that doesn’t even have to graduate from high school….it the reverse of providing mentorship and guidance to develop professional skills — just convince them that being dumbed down the greatest extent possible doesn’t matter….they have the magical software on their side.
- Industry expertise [verticals] can be replace by “McAdd-ons” that are empowered by beautiful software….no different that ordering plastic food from McDonalds or getting a new game from the Google Play Store or your Playstation….the software makes financial decision making a game…. mumble something about KPI’s and analytics and the stupid public will think you actually know something.
Big 4 – Aliens From Another Planet
- The Big 4 firm that deal with PCAOB and thinking work are from another planet…one day they will see the light. Hmm….I wonder if they use their beautiful software to file 8-Ks, 10-Ks, and all of that XML stuff that the SEC and those nasty regulators require.
- They must be super smart because the CPAs that drink the Kool-Aid become exempt from professional standards, licensing laws and those nasty state income tax laws….it “in the cloud” where everything is beautiful….and its all about apps…if you have apps who needs brains or expertise.
- The logic fits perfectly with a strategy to expand a product’s market share with as little expenditure and commitment as possible. Hell with the distribution network…they can augment revenue by marketing hemp dental floss and other cool products.
Does it sound like I am one of those luddite, crazy, bitter clingers that is kicking and screaming as they drag me out to pasture for being obsolete…. you are going to have to wait for the next update of the beautiful software that includes mind reading and prediction of the future technology